A guided meditation today, from Jen Sagel:
Today’s Presenter: Forest Barnette is a newlywed hunkered down with her husband Wes in Denver, Colorado. She’s passionate about Tolkien, twizzlers, theology and, most recently, The Tiger King. Forest studied theology at Xavier University and has worked in media, marketing, and natural family planning.
Quarantine and the Communion of Saints
Forests’ suggested responses:
For the Church militant:
- Call and check on three people you love
- Write a letter (on paper, no typing!) to someone who has helped you spiritually. Thank them for leading you to Christ. Actually send it.
For the Church Penitent:
- Pray a Divine Mercy Chaplet for a deceased loved one
- Tell a deceased love one how much you miss them, confident that they can hear you. Ask for their intercession.
- Offer a plenary or partial indulgence for a soul most in need.
With the Church Triumphant:
- Do you have a favorite Saint? Memorize a prayer to, or by, them. Thank them for interceding for you before the throne of God.
- Make a new Saint friend (possibly with the random Saint generator). Learn their story and begin like any other friendship.